The day after new motor vehicle act is implemented it becomes mandatory for the common man of India to carry all important motor vehicle documents such as RC, DL, Insurance Policy etc. in original with them while they drive but most of people don’t want to it because they fear to loss or theft of the original documents.
If you are also looking for the solution of this problem then DigiLocker is the solution of your this problem. As it’s govt. official app where you can keep your all important documents online and show at any time and can use it whenever it’s need.
In today’s post I am going to tell you how you can upload or save all your motor vehicle documents like RC, DL, PUC, Insurance etc. online in DigiLocker App in few simple steps and it will be one of the biggest help for those who have any kind of motor vehicle, as they can keep their documents in digital form on DigiLocker App and can protect themselves from a huge Traffic Fine (Challan).
Note: As it’s govt. own app so no traffic police officer can deny of Digital Documents from DigiLocker and you must have aadhaar card for signup with DigiLocker.
What is DigiLocker
DigiLocker is a key initiative under Digital India, the Government of India’s flagship program aimed at transforming India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. Targeted at the idea of paperless governance, DigiLocker is a platform for issuance and verification of documents and certificates digitally, thus eliminating the use of physical documents. DigiLocker provides a free, secure, personal account with dedicated storage space to citizens of India.
What is the official website of DigiLocker
The official website of DigiLocker is here for you: digilocker.gov.in
Where I can get the official App of DigiLocker
The official app link could be found on google playstore itself or directly click on this link: DigiLocker App
How to Register for DigiLocker
The registration process is easy either you can register via the DigiLocker app or just access the official website and register from their as the login details will work on both properly so here are the Registration Process for DigiLocker.
Step 1: First of all access the official website or download app of DigiLocker: digilocker.gov.in
Step 2: Now click on “Sign UP” button.
Step 3: Enter you 10 digit mobile number in the prescribe box and click on continue.
Step 4: Now you will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number.
Step 5: Enter the OTP code in prescribe box.
Step 6: In this step you have to set your username and password so fill it accordingly.
Step 7: Next step is to verify your Aadhar number by either “Use OTP or Use Fingerprint”
If you opt OTP option
- If you have selected “Use OTP” option then you have to enter your aadhaar and click on Submit button.
- Once again you will receive the OTP on your linked mobile number with aadhaar card
- Enter this OTP in prescribe box, and click on validate OTP button.
- Congrats you have successfully registered for DigiLocker.
If you opt Fingerprint optoin
- If you have selected “Use Fingerprint” option then click on it and print thumb with the fingerprint device.
- If your Fingerprints will be found valid then you can complete the signup process and will registered successfully for DigiLocker account.
Well, it was the very simple and easy process the important thing is required for the registration process is Aadhaar Card & your mobile number.
How to Upload My Driving License & Other Motor Vehicle Documents in DigiLocker
- Access the official website or app of DigiLocker: digilocker.gov.in
- Now login with your user name and password which you recently generated
- On the screen you can see “upload” icon.
- Click on start uploading a documents.
- In the file upload dialog box, locate the file from your local drive and select ‘open’ to complete the uploading.
- To assign a document type to your uploaded file, click ‘select doc type’. This will show a pop up with a drop down selection of various document types. Choose the appropriate document type and click ‘save’.
- You can also edit the name of the file using the edit icon next to the filename.
- Multiple documents can be uploaded at a time
- Documents uploaded will be visible in ‘Uploaded Documents’’ section
Select Document Type
- Click on ‘Select Doc Type’ for any document listed in Uploaded Documents list
- Choose the Document type from the given drop down.
- If your document does not match with any of the predefined document types then select “Others” from the drop down.
- After above mentioned steps, click on Save
How to View DL, RC & Other Motor Vehicle Documents Online on DigiLocker
- After login into Digital Locker account, click on Uploaded Documents to view all user
uploaded certificates and documents
- Users can edit (file names, Doc type), download, and share files from here.
- Click on eSign link provided for each document in Uploaded Document section.
- User will receive an OTP on mobile which needs to be filled in the text box.
- After entering OTP, click on eSign button.
- Selected document will be eSigned (and coverted into pdf if not already a pdf document)
- Only one document can be eSigned at a time
You can also share the documents in DigiLocker to someone else online as well. Well these are the steps to upload and view motor vehicle documents in DigiLocker. Hope from today you will carry your documents in Digital form and don’t need to carry in physical.
The good news this Digilocker documents are valid and approved the govt. official online and therefore all the official have to accept these documents as original you can read 2018 Dec article of IndiaTimes here where they clarify about this.
” The Union transport ministry has asked states to facilitate acceptance of driving licence and other documents like vehicle registration certificates in electronic format by enforcement agencies.
Vehicle owners can also show their documents like driving licence, RCs and insurance certificates through mobile apps like Digilocker and mParivahan app, the Road Transport and Highways Ministry said Tuesday while issuing a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to states.
The enforcement agencies like traffic and transport departments can simultaneously access these details from eChallan app, which has data for online verification of vehicle and its licence status, it said.”