The govt. of India has taken a new step to attract youngster towards the basic science courses and research career in science and therefore launch a new scheme namely Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana which is well abbreviated as KVPY and here on this page I am going to share everything about Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) in details which includes the eligibility criteria for KVPY, Online Application Form for KVPY and how you can register for Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana etc.
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is an on-going National Program of Fellowship in Basic Sciences, initiated and funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, to attract exceptionally highly motivated students for pursuing basic science courses and research career in science.
The objective of the program is to identify students with talent and aptitude for research; help them realize their academic potential; encourage them to take up research careers in Science, and ensure the growth of the best scientific minds for research and development in the country.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2019
The eligibility criteria is divided in 3 varied categories which are as follows:
For Stream SA –
- Those candidates studied in XI Standard (Science Subjects) in the academic year of 2019 can apply for this test.
- Candidates have to score at least 75% marks (65% marks in case of the SC/ST/PWD) in aggregate in Science & Mathematics subjects in Class X.
- Candidates have to secure minimum 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PWD) in aggregate in Science Subjects in XII Standard Board Examination.
- Selected students fellowship will be activated only when they join an UG programme in Basic Science (B.Sc/BS/B.Stat./B.Math./Int.M.Sc/MS) in the academic year 2020-21.
- During the interim period of one year, students will be invited for the National Science (Vijyoshi) Camp and their travel and other related expenses will be sponsored by KVPY.
For Stream SX –
- Candidates studying in 10+2 can apply under this stream. They must score 60% in the 12th Board exam (50% for SC/ST/PwD candidates)
- Selected students fellowship will be activated only when they join an UG programme in Basic Science (B.Sc/BS/B.Stat./B.Math./Int.M.Sc/MS) in the academic year 2020-2021.
- According to KVPY eligibility criteria 2019, Candidates must secure minimum 75% marks in class 10 while SC/ST/PwD candidates have scored 65% in aggregate of all Science subjects and Mathematics.
For Stream SB –
- Those candidates studied in 1st year of UG course in Basic Science such as Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics and Biology leading to B.Sc/BS/B.Stat./B.Math./Int.M.Sc/MS in the academic year of 2019-2019 can appear for this exam.
- Candidates have to secure at least 60% marks in case of GEN category & 50% marks in case of SC/ST/PWD category in aggregate in Science subjects in Intermediate Board Examination.
- Candidates have to obtain 60% marks (50% Marks for SC/ST/PWD category) in the 1st year final examination of B.Sc/BS/B.Stat./B.Math./Int.M.Sc/MS before taking up the fellowship, if awarded.
KVPY Fellowships Offered
|BASIC SCIENCES||Monthly Fellowship||Annual Contingency Grant|
|SA/SX/SB – during 1st to 3rd years of – B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.||Rs. 5000||Rs. 20000|
|SA/SX/SB – during M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./M.Math./M.Stat.||Rs. 7000||Rs. 28000|
Application for KVPY-2019
The application form could be found online on the official website of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) here: http://www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/applications.htm
Application Fee for KVPY
The application fee for Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is as follows:
Candidates belongs to General & OBC Category have to pay – INR 1000
Candidates belongs to SC/ST/PwD category have to pay – INR 500
How to Register Online for KVPY 2019
- There are three steps to complete your application successfully.
- Step 1. Registration
- Step 2. Filling personal and academic details, choosing test centres and uploading photo, signature and other certificates, as applicable.
- Step 3. Payment of application fees. Please note that you must pay the application fee only at the KVPY application portal. This can be done by using a Credit Card, ATM-Debit Card or Net Banking. No other means of payment will be accepted. Once the payment is successful and application is submitted, no refund of application fee will be done
KVPY Aptitude Test 2019 will be held online in the following cities across India:
East: Patna (Bihar), Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi (Jharkhand), Bhubaneshwar, Rourkela(Orissa), Naharlagun (Arunachal Pradesh), Guwahati, Tezpur (Assam), Imphal (Manipur), Shillong (Meghalaya), Agarthala (Tripura), Asansol, Burdwan, Durgapur, Hoogly, Kolkata, Siliguri (West Bengal)
North: Chandigarh (Chandigarh), New Delhi (Delhi), Meerut (Delhi-NCR), Ambala, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Hisar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panipat (Haryana), Jammu (Jammu & Kashmir), Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala (Punjab), Ajmer, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Sikar, Udaipur (Rajasthan), Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh), Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
South: Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh), Belagavi, Bengaluru, Bidar, Chikkaballapura, Chikkamangaluru, Davanagere, Dharwad, Hassan, Hubballi, Kalaburagi, Mandya, Mangaluru, Mysuru, Puttur, Shivamogga, Udupi, Uttara Kannada (Karnataka), Hyderabad (Telangana), Alappuzha, Ernakulam, Idukki, Kannur, Kasaragod, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Pathanamthitta, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur (Kerala), Puducherry (Puducherry), Chennai, Coimbatore, Kanchipuram, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem (Tamil Nadu)
West: Mapusa, Panaji (Goa), Ahamedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodra (Gujarat), Bhopal, Indore (Madhya Pradesh), Amaravati, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Thane (Maharashtra), Bilaspur, Raipur (Chhattisgarh),
KVPY 2019 Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted in online (Computer Based Test) mode.
- Date & Shift: To be confirmed
- Medium of Question Paper: The question paper will be asked in both English & Hindi Language.
- Type of Questions: To be confirmed
- Duration of Exam: Duration of the paper is 3hours.
- Total Marks: The paper will consist of 100 marks
Hope you found it worthful if you have any query related to KVPY 2019 can post your query in below comment section or directly call the helpline numbers or email the officials here:
KVPY Help line numbers: 080 – 22932975/76, 080- 23601008 & 080 – 22933536
KVPY email support – email@example.com
(Note: Saturday & Sunday are Holidays and phone help line will be available between 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.)