If you don’t have a ration card in Delhi and want to apply for the same then my today’s post is for you recently I have published article on “How you can apply ration card online in Delhi” but this topic is different from the previous one as here I am going to share step by step guide on How can you apply for ration card offline in Delhi.
To apply for the ration card you must be a citizen of the state and have documents of Delhi, If you are living in any other state or don’t have documents which can prove that you are a residence of Delhi then you can’t apply for ration card in state.
Before you apply for ration card via offline procedure must know that there are 4 type of ration card available in Delhi which are
- Above Poverty Line (APL):- This card is issued to families having total annual income above Rs 1,00,000/- APL Cards (White Colour).
- Below Poverty Line (BPL):- This card is issued to families having total annual less than 24,200.
- Antyodya Anna Yojana (AAY):- Household with a disabled adult and no assured means of subsistence, landless labourers, marginal farmers, artisans, craft men, widows, terminally ill persons etc. are covered under this scheme.
- Annapurna Yojana (AY):- Under this scheme, a destitute person with more than 65 years of age having no source of income and not availing the benefit of national Old Age Pension or State Pension Scheme are entitled to 10 Kg of food grains free of cost every month.
The eligibility criteria to apply for ration card in Delhi is that you must be a citizen of Delhi from past 5 years that’s it. If you fulfill this requirement then next is prepare your documents which includes
- Required passport size photo graph all family members
- 2 passport size photograph of female head of family
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- Electricity Bill
- Water Bill
- Telephone Bill etc.
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- Birth Certificate etc.
- Income certificate
Take the photo copy (xerox) of all the listed documents and attach it with the ration card application form which is available online and you can get it from the circle office of your area. The detail process to apply ration card in Delhi via offline mode is as follows:
Step by Step Guide on How Can You Apply For Ration Card in Delhi
Step 1: First of all you have to visit the Circle office of your area to get the ration card application form. however you can download it online as well from the official website which link is shared here for you.
- Download Ration Card Application Form by Clicking here
Step 2: Please fill all the details properly as it will ask for some general details the form will looks like below attached image.
In this form you have to fill your Old Ration Card Number (If Any), Mobile Number, Name of Applicant (Female head of the family), Nationality, Occupation, Address, Annual Income of Family etc.
Step 3: Once you filled the form respectively attached all the documents which are listed above in the post or can seen in the form as well.
Step 4: Now visit the circle office of your area once again between 10.00 am to 1.00 pm and submit the form must carry original documents with you for verification purpose.
Step 5: The official will provide you bottom of the application form where they have mentioned application number save this slip for further.
Step 6: Re-visit the office after 30 days to know the status of your ration card either its generated or not.
The official will let you know the status either you ration card is generated or not if your ration card is generated then congratulations to you.
You can get this ration card from the ration card shopkeeper who is allotted to you or can also download it from official website online. If you wish to download ration card in Delhi just follow the said steps:
Step 1: To get eRation Card or to download ration card online in Delhi access the official site once again: https://nfs.delhi.gov.in/Home.aspx
Step 2: Here on home page on the right hand scroll down and click on “Get e-Ration Card” link
Step 3: On the new page you have to enter following details in prescribe box.
- Ration Card No.
- Name of the Head of Family (HOF)
- Aadhaar No. of HOF/NFS ID
- Date of Birth of HOF
- Mobile No. as given in the NFS application or registered later in NFS website
Step 4: Once you fill all the details you have to click on “Continue” button.
Step 5: You will receive the OTP in your mobile number
Step 6: Enter this OTP in the prescribe box
Step 7: In the next box enter the aadhaar card number of any of the family member
Step 8: Finally click on “Download” button.
Congratulations you have successfully downloaded ration card and now can use it for any purpose you want and can start taking grains on subsidy price from the shop you allotted.
Hope you found it worthful if have any query in mind or want to know both the procedure on single page then click on this link “Delhi Ration Card“.