Punjab Ration Card Online – The state govt. food and civil supplies department of Punjab issued the ration card for the citizen of state and if you have no ration card and want to apply for this then it is something you must read and implement. In this post I will discuss how you can apply ration card in Punjab Online or Offline, and what is the eligibility criteria for ration card in Punjab and what are the important documents you required for punjab ration card.
Ration card is used by the citizen to buy sugar, rice, oil and cereal. A ration card also helps you to get the benefits of the various schemes of the State and the Central Governments. This legal document called ration card can be used as an identity proof, which is accepted at many places. So, one must have ration card but how and what is the procedure to get ration card in Punjab well it discuss in today’s article very well. So just have a glance on it.
Types of Ration Card in Punjab
Punjab Government provides three types of ration cards to the citizens of Punjab which are as follows:
The Below Poverty Line (BPL) Ration Card: This types ration card is provided to families who earn less than Rs. 10,000/- per year. The card gives them access to commodities at subsidized prices.
The APL or the Above Poverty Line Ration Card: This types ration card is provided to families with an annual income above Rs. 10,000/-. However, APL cardholders are not entitled to any subsidy benefits.
The Antyodaya Ration Card: is a ration card provided to the poorest of the families, which have unstable income levels. They are entitled to numerous benefits under the Antyodaya Anna Yojana.
Eligibility Criteria for Punjab Ration Card
- The applicant must be a resident of the state.
- The applicant should receive a low income.
- The applicant should belong to the below poverty line.
List of Documents Required to Apply Ration Card in Punjab
Before starting the registration process for ration card in Punjab we must carry the listed documents either you apply online or offline for ration card in the state of Punjab.
⇒ Photograph of the Family
⇒ Proof of residence
⇒ Letter of Declaration
⇒ Duly attested application form
⇒ Previous card’s Surrender Certificate, if applicable
⇒ Depot’s FPD report, if applicable
Online Method to Apply New Ration Card in Punjab
The online method to apply for a new ration card is the fastest and easy way to apply for a new ration card. Make sure you follow all steps properly and you would be ready with a completed application in on time:
- First of all you have to visit the official website of the Food Supply and Customer’s State Department here: http: //foodsuppb.gov.in/
- Click the online “Ration Card Management System for Public“.
- Now you will redirected to new page where you can see following message “Create your profile with this portal to apply online for Ration Card and FPS/Kerosene Licence services“
- Now click on “New User! Sign UP Here” button.
- Here you will see 2 options “Do You Have ration Card” & “No Ration Card“
If you choose the option 1 “Do you have ration card”
- Then enter the 12 digit ration card number of yours.
- Click on “Check Ration Card” button.
- If you ration card is exist it will show you the details other wise show you the message “Ration Card is not available“
- If it show you the ration card details then follow the procedure as given in the form.
If you choose the option 2 “No Ration Card”
An form will appear on the screen instantly similar to this image.
- Fill your name accordingly in the box
- 12 Digit aadhaar card number
- Mobile number
- Email address if available
- Date of Birth
- Captcha in prescribe box
- click on verify aadhaar you will receive an OTP on your mobile enter in the prescribe box and submit.
6. In the next step you will see box where you have to enter the name of family member and relation with age, fill all the details accordingly and click to continue button.
5. Now you have to upload scanned documents in support of the proof of identity and address proof and family group picture in the prescribed certificates.
6. After filling all the details asked, click the submit button.
7. Once you submit the will receive the receipt number please note it down as it will help you to track the status of your ration later.
Here are the steps to track ration card
- To rack ration card status click here first you have to enter the captcha code.
- Click on Verify button
- Now the search box will appear on screen where you have to enter your number which is mentioned on slip and it will show you the result accordingly.
Offline Method to Apply Ration Card in Punjab
Step 1: Approach the Taluk office
The eligible people have to approach the Taluk office to receive the application form. The application can also be availed from the Food Officer’s Office.
Step 2: Fill Ration Card Application Form
The following details have to be entered in the application form:
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Contact Details
- District or Taluk Name
Step 3: Affixing the photograph
The applicant has to affix a passport size photo in the application form.
Step 4: Attaching the documents
The applicant has to attach the photocopies of all the required documents.
Step 5: Submission of the form
The form has to be submitted to the nearest Gram Panchayat Office, Block Officer or at the Zilla Parishad Office.
Step 6: Verification
Before issuing the card, verification will be conducted by the concerned authorities.
If you find any difficulty in the said process don’t worry you can contact the authority yourself the address and contact details are given below for your help. In case you shifted Punjab to any other state or from any other state to Punjab and want to migrate your ration card then you must read my recently published article “How to Transfer Ration Card from One State to Another State“.
Punjab Ration Card Department Details
Department Name: Food Department, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs
Address: Food Department, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Jandiala Road, Focal Point, Tarn Taran, Punjab 143401
Director, Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs: Shri Shivdar Singh Dhillon, IAS Director Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Food Department, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Anuj Bhawan, Sector 39-C, Chandigarh
Official website: http://foodsuppb.gov.in/