DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls 2019 – The Defence Research and Development Organisation which is well abbreviated as DRDO has launched a scholarship scheme for girls through Aeronautics Research and Development Board (AR & BD), DRDO HQ. The Aeronautics Research and Development Board (AR&DB) has been mandated to nurture quality aeronautics human power in the country since inception in 1971 and DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls would attract such women power from various institutes through a transparent process with an objective to tap the talent of bright students across the country. Today, in this post I will try to provide you all the possible information regarding this scheme which includes followings:
Can Boy or Male Candidates Apply for This Scheme?
You will be offended to know that male candidates can’t apply for this scheme. This scheme is specially made for girls only and scholarship will be provided to limited students only.
What is DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls 2019?
If you are not aware about the scheme that should be your first question that what is DRDO scholarship scheme for girls the answer is RAC of DRDO, Government of India is inviting applications from girls/women students studying in first-year under-graduate (B.E/B.Tech, full time) and first-year postgraduate (M.Tech/M.E, full time) courses for DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls 2019. The selected students will get a financial help of INR 1,86,000 per annum as per there qualification.
What are the Benefits of this scheme?
The selected students will get the following benefits:
- For UG students: A total of 20 scholarships will be given that include INR 1,20,000 per annum or annual fees, whichever is less for a maximum period of 4 years.
- For PG students: A total of 10 scholarships will be given that include INR 1,86,000 per year for a maximum period of two year
Eligibility Criteria for DRDO Scholarship Scheme 2019
Now you have understood that only girls can apply for this scheme but not every girl can apply for this scheme as it has some eligibility criteria which is as follows:
- You must be an Indian citizen
- You must be a girl/women student who pursuing UG/PG courses in Aerospace Engineering/ Aeronautical Engineering/ Space Engineering & Rocketry/ Aircraft Engineering/ Avionics etc.
- If you are UG Students then fulfil the following conditions:
- Applicant must be enrolled in the 1st year of the relevant B.E./ B. Tech./B.Sc Engineering course at the time of application.
- Applicant must have cleared JEE (Mains) and have a valid score for the same.
- If you are PG Students then fulfil the following conditions:
- Applicant must be enrolled in the first year of the relevant ME/M.TECH / M.Sc Engg. course at the time of application.
- Applicant must have scored 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 6.75 in graduation.
- Applicant must have a valid GATE score.
List of Documents Required for DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls 2019?
If you fulfill the eligibility criteria then the next query in your mind is how to apply for this scheme but wait before you register or apply online for this scheme please make sure you have scanned copy of all your supportive documents which are required at the time of registration so here is a list of documents required for DRDO Scholarship scheme registration:
- (a) Attached a scanned copy of each of the requisite certificates with online scholarship application.
- (b) Rightly selected the scholarship applied for.
- (c) Uploaded recent passport size colour photograph (max. size 50 KB)
- (d) Aadhaar Card (max 500 KB)
- (e) Proof of admission (max 500 KB)
- (f) Fees details (max 500 KB)
- (g) Certificate from Institute (max 500 KB)
- (h) A printout of the finally submitted/Locked online application for your reference
How to Apply or Register for DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls 2019
Well if you fulfill the eligibility criteria and scanned all the said documents the next step is register or apply for this scheme the process is pretty easy you just have to follow few simple steps which are shared here:
Step 1: The very first thing is that you have to visit the official website of “DRDO, Ministry of Decence, Delhi , India” you can google it or directly click on link here.
Step 2: Here on the home page you have to click on “Online Application Form” link as given in below example image.
Due to any reason if you are unable to find that option don’t worry you can click on this link as well “https://rac.gov.in/cgibin/2019/advt_ardb01/“.
Step 3: Once you clicked on the link it will land you on another page where you have to fill “Email ID, Mobile Number, Password” etc after filling these details just click on “Register” button.
Step 4: Now you have to click on “Login, if already registred” enter your email id and password which you have used at the time of registration.
Step 5: Once you login the application form will be appear on your screen where you have to fill all the details in prescribe box and the click on submit button.
Step 6: The next is you have to upload your supportive documents & recent passport size photograph which are already discussed above upload them accordingly and click on Submit button.
Step 7: Once you fill all the details and uploaded all the documents finally you have to click on “Lock” button.
Step 8: Congratulations you have successfully applied for DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls now you can take the print of this slip and can use it for further purpose later.
What is the selection process for DRDO Scholarship Scheme?
To make it fare and transparent the selection process is made on the merit basis:
For UG Students: it will be done on the basis of the merit obtained by the students in JEE (Mains).
What is the Last Date for DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls 2019
The registration process is already started and will continue till 10th of September here are the important dates for you:
Online application starts: 25 July 2019
Application deadline: 10 September 2019
Important Terms & Condition of Scheme
- It is mandatory for students to maintain a cumulative grade point of 7.0 or 70% marks during the course and must pass all the exams and tests in order to receive the scholarship in the following years.
- Those students who won’t be able to pass one or more subjects, will not be given the scholarship anymore.
- Once a student is disqualified from the scholarship, she will not be accepted again, even if she qualifies again.
So, be quick and fill the application form before the last date if you know someone who needs this scholarship please forward it her so that it can help a bright students to get the scholarship to make bright future of her as well as of India.